(740) 967-1000 Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30-5:30
K-Ceps Autobody Services
Air Conditioning Service/Repair
Did you know that without regular maintenance an air conditioner loses about 5% of its original efficiency per year? This means that without proper maintenance, your air conditioning unit may be performing as poorly as other models that are years older! But there is good news; you can still recover most of that lost efficiency. Schedule an appointment with one of our factory-trained professionals—we understand all aspects of AC repair, from modern computerized components to environmental disposal concerns. Turn to us, your qualified source for everything related to your air conditioning system. The following is a brief schematic of some of the basic components that comprise this system: Compressor:
- The compressor is a belt-driven device that compresses refrigerant gas and transfers it into the condenser. The compressor is the core of your vehicle’s air conditioning system.
- The condenser’s primary function is to cool the refrigerator. The condenser dissipates heat released by compressed gases and condenses them into high pressure liquids.
- The receiver is a metal container that serves as a storage receptacle for the refrigerant; also known as a drier because it absorbs moisture from the refrigerant and filters out harmful debris and acids. You should change your drier every 3-4 years to ensure quality filtration and prevent any chemical damage.
- The orifice tube (also known as the expansion valve) is a controlling mechanism that regulates refrigerant flow throughout the system. It also converts high pressure liquid refrigerant (from the condenser) into low pressure liquid, so that it can enter the evaporator.
- The evaporator removes heat from the inside of your vehicle. The evaporator allows the refrigerant to absorb heat, causing it to boil and change into a vapor. When this occurs, the vapor leaves the evaporator through the compressor, cooling your car and reducing humidity. The evaporator houses the most refrigerant in the heat transfer process and harmful acids can corrode it. This corrosion typically damages the evaporator beyond repair.
If you are looking for a new paint job, panels, or hood, let us know. We have access to original equipment or aftermarket parts and will do the work for you. Give us a call, email, or come into the store for more information.
We provide after-accident inspections. Car accidents are stressful times, and we’ll help you get your life back to normal. Our professionals will work with you and/or your insurance company to help get your costs covered. We want to help you understand your coverage and repairs. When your vehicle arrives at our shop, we do a thorough inspection to determine needed repairs, and we will give you an accurate estimate. We offer free estimates on collision repairs by our top-of-the-line service professionals. Call, email, or stop into the shop for more information.
Customize your vehicle with cool accessories. Whether it’s for your interior or exterior, we have something for everyone. When it comes to detailing, performance, or maintenance accessories talk to our professionals and we will help to find what you need.
Have you recently been in a crash or a fender-bender? Believe us, we have seen it all and can honestly say we are front-end collision experts. Using the latest in collision repair technology, our service pros will correct any amount of damage your car has endured. From major structural problems to cosmetic flaws, we will erase any dent, ding, scratch, or chip. We will get you back on the road and restore your vehicle to its regular condition.
Having issues with your vehicle? Bring it by our shop as soon as possible and we will diagnose the problem(s) for you. We have a wide range of services and carry top-of-the-line products to accompany them. Our skilled employees will provide you with full service and quality repairs for all your vehicle needs. Give us a call or email us today.
People often overlook windshield wipers. Extreme temperatures, oil, dirt, and other factors cause your windshield wiper rubber to wear down. A worn out and ineffective wiper creates streaks on your windshield and obstructs your vision. Cracked or torn wipers or jagged edges mean it’s time to replace your wipers. We suggest that you change the rubber and the wiper arm every six months. Our staff will fix any of your wiper issues and will let you know which kinds of wipers work for your vehicle. Contact our professionals today.
Is a cracked or broken windshield distorting your view or getting you in legal trouble? We offer full windshield replacement and repair service. We will have a professional to remove your cracked or broken glass, and replace it with a new one. Please call or email us for more information.
What Our Customers Are SayingDon’t just take it from us, let our customers do the talking!
“Used for a Hertz rental. Excellent service and great value. “ Jan Ringnalda
“K-Ceps is an excellent body shop. They are way ahead of the other shops with their systems and technology, and that means their estimates are accurate and the work is done on time. They repaired my 2011 Honda Civic and it looked just like new when it was done. They also have a rental car agency there, which makes everything very convenient. I couldn’t be more impressed with these guys.“ Aaron May
“K-Ceps is the best of the best. Nobody does auto body repair better. They operate with the highest integrity and with all of the latest state-of-the-art technology. You can’t ask for anything more.“ Roy Holcombe